Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Praying Heart Excerpt: Prayer Closet



Matthew 6:6: “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then you’re Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

A prayer closet is a designated space that you use to communicate with God without interruptions. It can be in a quiet park, a garden, a little corner in your house, or out on your balcony.

God does not care what space you choose; He is just looking for you to spend some private time with Him. Even when you are not able to have a physical space, it is important for you to become deaf to those things happening around you as you pray.

If it is possible, close your eyes, and allow your imagination to take you to your quiet place, and begin to pray to God in silence. When you enter into your prayer closet, it is not a time for you to relax, but a chance for you to give yourself to God completely.

There are a few things to have waiting for you when you enter your prayer closet:

1.      Your favorite Bible.
2.      Prayer journal.
3.      Worship music.
4.      Lamp.
Prayer

Lord, I come to you in my prayer closet, looking to spend some one-on-one time with you. Not because something is wrong, but to build our relationship. I know that I have not spent enough time with you, because things have been busy around me. Help me to become one of your faithful servants. Lord, today I surrender myself to you completely. I praise and thank you for your love, grace, and mercy that you continue to show me every day. In Jesus’ name, amen.



A Praying Heart available for purchase on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment