Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Author Interview with Tyora Moody

LaToya: Hi Tyora, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Tyora: I’m the author Soul-Searching Suspense books which include the Reed Family Novellas, Eugeena Patterson Mysteries, Serena Manchester Series, and the Victory Gospel Series. I’m also the author of the nonfiction book, The Literary Entrepreneur’s Toolkit, and the compilation editor for the Stepping Into Victory Compilations under her company, Tymm Publishing LLC. As a literary-focused entrepreneur, I own a literary services company, Tywebbin Creations LLC. Popular services include virtual assistance, book covers and book trailers.
LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Tyora: I do look forward to writing full-time one day.
LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Tyora: There are too many to name, but most of my favorite authors write mystery, suspense or thrillers. These are my favorite genres to read.
LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Tyora: I’m wrapping up Troubled Heart, the second novella in the Reed Family Series. The book release is in November 2016.

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Tyora: I write romantic suspense and cozy mystery novels under the Christian Fiction genre.
LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Tyora: My motto is “Serving up a creative mix, flavored with FAITH”
LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Tyora: My most recent book is Broken Heart. The main character is a detective so I would need a actress who can play well in a crime movie. I’m thinking Sanaa Lathan would be a good choice.
LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Tyora: I have always loved writing and storytelling. I think it comes from being a bookworm. I would say writing fiction officially started in 2006 when I started writing my first book. That book, When Rain Falls, became my debut novel.
LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Tyora: Part-time
LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Tyora: Mainly on the weekends is when I find time to write.
LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Tyora: Since I outline my books, I usually aim for completing a chapter each time I sit down to write.
LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Tyora: That’s a good question! I write Christian Fiction
LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Tyora: I’m a bit of a hybrid, I outline, but I remain open to letting the character guide the story too.
LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Tyora: I have four book series. I think from my first book series to my current series I aim to make each read a unique experience for the reader. The one comment I get comes from readers who don’t normally read mystery or suspense are they are always surprised with how much they enjoy my books. I really enjoy that because despite writing “murder mysteries,” I have a pretty strong elements of faith.
LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Tyora: Getting started!  I don’t care how many books you write there are times when you will struggle with a story.
LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Tyora: This particular book that I’m working has taken awhile to write mainly because my focus has been pulled in many directions this year.
LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Tyora: When the story comes to you and you can flow with writing. I don’t really believe in writer’s block. I believe when it's time for the story to come, it will come.
LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Tyora: On average I can write a book in three months.
LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Tyora: I have three book series that I see with several books in the next 5 years.
LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Tyora: Be yourself. I spent too much time when I was younger trying to be everything but myself.
LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Tyora: Jesus
LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Tyora: I’m very grateful for the books that God has given me to write.
LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Don’t give up. Keep improving our craft. Learn the importance of book marketing early.

Connect with Tyora :
Twitter: http://Twitter.com/tyoramoody

No comments:

Post a Comment