Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Author Interview with LaDonna Marie

Today I have the honor of interviewing an amazing and talented Author, Writer, Motivational Speaker, and Poet Ladonna Marie.


LaToya: When did you begin your writing career?
LaDonna: I begin my writing career when I was 12 years old. I found my love for writing when I was in high school. I was a co- author of the poetry book Whispers with the League of American Poets in 2007 and then 2010 published my first full self-published poetry book.

LaToya: What’s your inspiration for writing?
LaDonna: The inspiration for my writing is to empower others and to help to build them up. My life’s mission is to always help people to know that they can make it no matter what they have gone through.

LaToya: What kind of legacy do you expect your writing to leave?
LaDonna: I want to people to look back at my legacy and see the resiliency and perseverance in my writing. I seek to motivate others and always give them hope.

LaToya: What are you currently working on?
LaDonna: I am working on a children’s book and also another poetry book.

LaToya:  Name one book that you would categorize as a life changing read.
LaDonna: The Battle Field of the Mind- by Joyce Myers

LaToya: Tell us about your latest book.
LaDonna: My latest book is Quiet Moments with God: 31 Day Devotional of Life Lessons is a powerful devotional that takes the reader on a journey though different life experiences. It is was amazing book to write, because God downloaded so many lessons.


LaToya:  Name a book you wish you’d written.
LaDonna: None comes to mind….

LaToya: Give readers 3 reasons to buy your book.
LaDonna: It is empowering, it will help to bring clarity, and it will help to others to be encouraged about their individual journey.

LaToya: Who is your favorite author?
LaDonna: Dr. Maya Angelou

LaToya:  Is your book based on real life events?
LaDonna: Yes God, asked me to take 31 one days to be still and listen to the messages that he gave me in those 31 days.

LaToya:  Will you consider being a mentor to a young up and coming author?
LaDonna: Sure, I think everyone has a voice and a story to tell.

LaToya:  Are you currently working on anything you want to share with us?
LaDonna: I have recently release my first poetry spoken word CD entitled Conversations With God. It is now available on Amazon, CD baby, iTunes and my website.  

LaToya: How can readers connect with you: (Please include social media, website link, and link to your amazon author age, etc.
LaDonna: I love hearing from my readers. Connect with me via any of the channels below:

LaToya:  What advice would you give to an inspiring authors?

LaDonna: For all aspiring authors, I would tell them to start to write their story if they hadn’t started and research companies to work with. I would also leave them, to never give up on their dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment