Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Author Interview with Melissa Sampson


Hi Melissa, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Hello LaToya, thank you for letting me be a part of this interview.  Melissa Sampson is the founder and CEO of Imagine Me Cancer Foundation. She is passionate about helping people in all areas of their lives. Melissa is a wife, mother and is a new author of her debut memoir Unraveling the Layers: Life Doesn’t Define You, You Define Life.

: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
This has been a good journey in writing maybe I will pursuit writing more.

Melissa: Which writers inspire you?
All writers that are positive and give good feedback I would like to learn and overcome something form what I read.

What are you working on at the minute?
I’m a first-time book writer trying to get the book unraveling the layers out there more.



What genre are your books and why?
My book can cater to men, women, boy, or girl. It talks about the overall experiences we all go through as people in the world we live in someone has experienced this in their life time.

In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Life Doesn’t Define You, You Define Life!

Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Regina King

When did you decide to become a writer?
About a year ago when I needed to get my story out for adoptees and foster kids and over all what we go through to survive.

Do you write full-time or part-time?
When I have free time.

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
When thought come to mind I write.

Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
No

Where do your ideas come from?
I was writing to pursuit getting my story out to others to help them with their hang ups and struggles in this life that we all can overcome.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
No outline I write what comes to mind and fill in the blanks later.

How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
I believe I evolved creatively because I seen my problem acknowledged that I must face my fears and then I can be a help to others as I grow and learn that in life we can’t control everything that goes on but we are here to help others walk there life out and be the best they can be. I can say I’m that person that helps people reach their goal. Let us not forget we are all here for a purpose and purpose must be fulfilled.

What is the hardest thing about writing?
Making everything come together and make sense.

What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Getting all the hurt and pain out to go in the book.

What is the easiest thing about writing?
Writing your feelings down and knowing after while it will all make sense later.

How long on average does it take you to write a book?
It took about 7months

Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Being well off helping others with their passed hurt and leaving a legacy to my children.

What advice would you give to your younger self?
Be courageous and live out your purpose.

Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Oprah Winfrey & Fantasia they both have positive influence.

If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
I don’t have any in mind.

What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Give readers something that makes them think and give them hope that they can overcome anything in this life good or bad.

Connect with Author Melissa






No comments:

Post a Comment