Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Author Interview with Teresa B Howell


LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Teresa: To continue to write Christian suspense and mystery books.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Teresa: Octavia Butler, John Gresham, and Kimberla Lawson Roby

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Teresa: That church life 2, Black Boss lady, and Delayed but not denied

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Teresa: Christian Fiction and Mystery Suspense fiction.  I like the thrill of what next?  Looks like my readers like it too.

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Teresa: “Unique Christian fiction at its finest”

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Teresa: Would love if Fantasia would be my character Michelle.  She would be perfect!

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Teresa: Writing became my love through tragedy.  A bad situation gave birth to my book.

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Teresa: Part time

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Teresa: No special time.  I write whenever it hits me to write.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Teresa: Nope don’t believe in doing that.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Teresa: Visuals that I see or things that I hear throughout the week.  It might be a word or phrase that triggers other ideas

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Teresa: Definitely a sporadic writer.  No planning no outline.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Teresa: I think I have evolved tremendously.  My new books will show so much growth in my writing.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Teresa: Getting over writers block.
LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Teresa: It came easy for book 1 but book 2 is becoming hard due to trying to keep the suspense going.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Teresa: Brainstorming thoughts during the preliminary stages of starting a book is the easiest.  Everything else takes concentration and focus.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?        
Teresa: Well since its not a full time thing it may take up to a year depending on what I am trying to write.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Teresa: National best-selling, author, and writing full time

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Teresa: I should have started writing in my 20’s.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Teresa: OPRAH!  Love her tenacity and positive spirit.

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Teresa: Harry Potter.  Definitely could see myself writing a story like that.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Teresa: Never give up!  Stay focused!
Connect with Teresa:

Website:
Teresabhowell.com

Facebook:
Teresa B. Howell
Teresa B. Howell WIV

Twitter:
Teresa WIV

LinkedIn:
Teresa Howell

Amazon Author Page:

Goodreads:
Teresa B. Howell

Purchase Links




No comments:

Post a Comment