Thursday, November 9, 2017

Author Interview with Tivona Elliott-Clark

LaToya: Hi Tivona thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Tivona: I am Tivona Elliott-Clark a.k.a. Lady V. I am the Co-owner of Elliott Night Professionals and JaVee Event Solutions, the CEO of Fast Life On the Move Radio Network on Blogtalkradio, the author of Reflections of Me…Livin’ my life through poetry and The Un-Marritable. Wearing many hats and doing many things, I give God all the glory for giving me the strength to do what I love to do; keeping people empowered, enriched, and encouraged to do great things.
LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Tivona: To be a household name, while touching many with my words.
LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Tivona: Terry McMillan, Maya Angelou, David Goines, James Patterson.
LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Tivona: At this moment I am working on Kenya’s Revenge. I gave you the romance, now I’m about to give you the drama and strength behind the romance.
LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Tivona: Urban Romance, Poetry, Memoir. My first book is a memoir of my life. I wanted to show people how to be brave and strong in your life; no matter what the circumstances may be. In The Un-Marritable, I wanted to show you love and how it can come in many different ways. I also wanted you to see that you deserve to be loved and you have the power to love; sometimes, we have to leave our past in the past and focus on our future.
LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing? Tivona: Looking to the sky; never leaving the little people behind.
LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Tivona: Taraji P. Henson and Morris Chestnut
LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Tivona: In 2008, I knew it was time to stop playing and do what I was called to do. I had to leave my fears behind and in Jan. 2009 I started writing my first novel.
LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Tivona: I started off as a full-time writer, but now that I help other author’s get their books out; I am a part-time writer, but a full time editor/agent.
LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Tivona: I like to write when it hits me. However, with me being so busy throughout my day; I’m only able to write late at night, or early in the morning.
LaToya: Do you aim for a set number of words/pages per day?
Tivona: You can’t rush perfection, so I write until my heart is content and I’ve played out the movie going through my mind.
LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Tivona: Things hit my spirit, or I see them in my dreams.
LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Tivona: I freefall! I love to just write without any worries, and allow the characters to take me where they want me to be.
LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Tivona: Since my first book, I have grown tremendously. My words have evolved and made full of meaning for the reader. When you read my work, I don’t want you to like it; I want you to fall in love with it. I want you to be able to capture every word, and feel it deep within your inner being.
LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Tivona: Writing is actually the easiest part of the process. The hardest thing to do is get it out to the readers.
LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Tivona: On The Un-Marritable, I kept re-writing and re-editing the book; It had about ten different re-writes.
LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Tivona: Allowing my imagination to run free.
LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book? It takes about six months to a year for me to write a book I feel is worth publishing.
LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Tivona: I will be a household name, and people will know me around the world.
LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Tivona: Never give up, and always believe you can do anything you want; even when people say you will be nobody.
LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Tivona: I would love to meet Cicely Tyson. She looks exactly like my granny ma, and one day with her; would give me all the courage and motivation I need to keep moving on, and still looking good while I’m doing it.
LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Tivona: I only want to be the original author of my own work. Every time I read my own books, I always see something I can do differently or make better. I read my work, as if I’m not the author, but the reader.
LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Tivona: Do your research before signing with any company, read the contract thoroughly before signing, and never stop living your dreams.
Connect with Tivona:



Twitter: @fastlifemngment




No comments:

Post a Comment