Friday, May 20, 2016

Author Interview with Dr. Felicia Williams McGowan


LaToya: Hi Dr. McGowan, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Dr. McGowan:  My name is Dr. Felicia Williams McGowan I have been married for 18 years.  I have been a school counselor for over 10 years and I love praise dancing.

LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Dr. McGowan:  My ambitions for my writing career is to continue sharing the story of Hattie’s Journey all over the world through, tv, movies, etc.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Dr. McGowan:  No one

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute? I working on more stories to follow my first to try to find a completion of Hattie’s Journey.

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Dr. McGowan:  I chose to write children’s because after researching the topic of kidney transplant and stories there is not a lot of literature available for children even though so many children are affected by the disease.

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing? Dr. McGowan:  Telling the real story.

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Dr. McGowan:  China Anne McClain

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Dr. McGowan:  Last year 2015

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Dr. McGowan:  Part-time

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Dr. McGowan:  At night between 10pm-11pm

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Dr. McGowan:  No

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Dr. McGowan:  From my life events

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Dr. McGowan:   I prefer to see where my ideas take me.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Dr. McGowan:  I am working on that as the stories continue to develop.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Dr. McGowan:  The hardest thing to me is making sure the story is engaging to children.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Dr. McGowan:  The hardest thing about writing my last book was deciding whether I wanted to put my information in a chapter book or picture book.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Dr. McGowan:  I am writing my story so there is no better person to tell the story. I think that makes my writing easy.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Dr. McGowan:  1 month to write it but this does not include edits.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Dr. McGowan:  In 5 years I hope to have 5 books published. I also want to travel the states and speak at different venues touching people with my story.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Dr. McGowan:  Document everything that was happening in my life.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Dr. McGowan:  President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama. I would like to share my story but also listen to their story of their struggle and how they made it through.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Dr. McGowan:  To keep traveling through your journey and never give up on your dreams and goals.

Connect with Dr. McGowan:




Purchase Links




No comments:

Post a Comment