Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Author Interview with LaDonna Marie


LaToya: Hi LaDonna Marie, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 
LaDonna: Thank you so much for the interview. My writing career started when I was 12 years of age. I started writing to express my thoughts and at then it developed into poetry at the age of 14.

LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
LaDonna: I would like to be a world renowned author, poet, playwright and movie director. 

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
LaDonna: The Late Dr. Maya Angelou and Nikki Giovanni

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute? 
LaDonna: I am working on Lessons II: Mirror Conversations.  A poetic tale of the life of Abby, as she discusses her love, life and her journey in front of the mirror.

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
LaDonna: My genres Self- help, poetry, narrative, and romance

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
LaDonna: Sharing inspiration to encourage others how to overcome life’s obstacles

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book? 
LaDonna: I would love to see Nia Long to play the main character.

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
LaDonna: I decided when I was in high school, when God reveal that my one of my gifts was writing.

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
LaDonna: I write full time.

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
LaDonna: I don’t  have a special time to write. Although, I like to write when I am inspired and when it is quiet.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
LaDonna: Write now I am doing poetry books, and I usually work on more than one book at a time.  When inspired I can write from 5 to 10 poems in one per day.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
LaDonna: My ideas come from God, I yield all my books to his guidance. Early on in my writing career, I explored love, spirituality, overcoming adversity, and encouragement often thorough all my books.

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
LaDonna: I write with inspiration and when the ideas take me.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
LaDonna: I think that I have become a strong prolific writer helping other to overcoming life’s challenges with the use of my work.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
LaDonna: There are no hard things about writing to me.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
LaDonna: The hardest thing about writing my latest book, was tapping into the vulnerability it took to creatively express love from the soul. I have always included love in my other poetry book, however this time the entire book was based on love.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
LaDonna: The easiest thing about writing is to release my thoughts and give them a voice through writing.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
LaDonna:  It takes me 3 to 6 month to write a book.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
LaDonna:  I see myself on the New York Best Seller List and a Pulitzer Prize Winner.  I see myself with my books as movies to future encourage others.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
LaDonna:  I would say fully believe in yourself and never doubt your purpose in life.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
LaDonna:  I would love to have meet Countee Cullen, I read his poem he wrote Hey Black Child in fifth grade. I felt he was a very empowering renaissance writer helping to encourage children in this poem. 

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
LaDonna: I know why the cage bird sings; the reason is I feel that I challenge myself as an author to explore issues that will help others to relate to their hurt pain and be able to release the pain and move forward.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
LaDonna: To not leave this earth full a book inside of them, to starting writing a release the story!

Connect with LaDonna:








Purchase Links










No comments:

Post a Comment