Monday, May 2, 2016

Book Spotlight: Disloyal by TN Jones



***SNEAK PEEK~~LATRICE***

As my mind went back to our first night encounter, there was a knock at my door. I tied my housecoat and informed the individual at my door that I would be there in a moment. When I opened my front door, I didn’t see anyone, but I saw an envelope with my name on it. I picked it up and tore it open. An ultrasound picture was inside the envelope; the name was blacked out. My mouth dropped open and tears fell down my face. Either someone was being an asshole by bringing up the baby I miscarried for JP, or it was someone that JP gotten pregnant. Either way, the picture was too much for me. I hurried to my cell phone to call his ass. As I was getting ready to press the send button, a call came through, and I answered it.

“Hello,” I spoke aggressively.

“Is this Latrice?” a female voice asked.

“Yes, it is. Who is asking?” I replied in a white girl voice, with my hands on my hips.

“That’s not important. What’s important is the message you received today on your doorstep,” the female voice laughed. 

“Don’t be coming by my house, dropping off a damn thing. That shit wasn’t cute. If you want to address me, do it in a womanly manner!” I screamed, before hanging up the phone. The phone rang again, and I sent the caller to voicemail. Soon after, the female sent me a text message from the same number she called from.

954-555-0990: You ain’t the only one he’s gotten pregnant. This is my fourth time being pregnant for him. I like how cute y’all be at your nana’s house. I’m forever gonna be in his life. Tell my baby daddy I said hello, and I can’t wait to see him. The jokes on you, lil silly trick!

***SNEAK PEEK~~JANICE***

“You need to leave Domic alone, before you end up like me or worse,” he said coarsely, as he walked off. I walked behind him and pulled his arm, so that he would be facing me.

“What does that mean, John?” I asked quietly.

“Let’s just say, your man isn’t who he says he is. You’d better get out of that relationship while you still can. Are you and Nicolette still best friends? If so, tell her I said hey and I miss her. Are you still working as a DEA agent with Domic? Is Agent Larson still y’all boss? Tell everyone I said hello. Make sure you keep in touch, okay? It was nice chatting with you, Janice,” he chuckled as he walked away. 

His actions and statements blew my mind. I wonder why in the hell he was asking me all those questions. As I walked to the deli side of the grocery store, I was dumbfounded as I rehashed the entire conversation that took place between John and me. I was even more eager to learn why he was sent to prison. I wanted to know what he knew.

***SNEAK PEEK~~NICOLETTE***

I was shaking badly when I hung up the phone. I had to calm my nerves; therefore, I walked to the liquor cabinet by my desk and pulled out the bottle of Jack Daniels; taking a shot of Henn wasn’t going to do anything for me at this point. I popped the top and took a long swig. I hope like hell Janice didn’t start conversing with John on a regular basis, because he was not the type of person to deal with. As I took another swig of Jack D, my business phone started ringing. I put on my professional voice and answered the phone.

“House of Beauty, Nicolette speaking,” I said happily into the phone. 

“Ohhh, Ms. Nicolette. How are you, darling? How’s the baby? Oh yeah, you didn’t have it!” a cold, creepy voice pronounced slowly, while laughing.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“No need to worry about that. Do you have something that you need to give me or tell your closest friend about?” the cold voice stated sternly.

“No, I do not. John, don’t you dare open your fucking mouth about shit!” I exclaimed.

“John? Damn, how many people did you fuck over, Nicolette? I think you have a lot to tell, but you are frightened to do so. Don’t worry. I am going to take pride in destroying you, your best friend, your little boyfriend, Dennis, and anyone else that gets in the way. All your secrets are going to come out, and you can’t do anything about it. In due time…Nicolette…in due time. The funny thing is that you are racking your brain, trying to figure out who I am. You will never get the answer right, because you have fucked over so many people, especially your best friend, Janice. Oh, how is she, by the way?” the cold voice retorted. 

I didn’t waste any time hanging up the phone. I stared at the wall, while I thought about who would be out for me. I had no idea who in the fuck it could be, but I knew one thing, they were going to have a hellava time trying to destroy me. I had to get my ducks in a row, because shit got real after the caller said, all your secrets are going to come out.


***SNEAK PEEK~~DOMIC***


That lil mutherfucker was itching for me to fuck her up. I can’t deal with her shit at times. All I wanted was some head, but the best dick sucker in town was playing games with me, and I didn’t like that one bit. As I turned on my Xbox 360, my personal cell phone started ringing. I hopped on it because I knew that was my lil head giver, calling me back to tell me to come over. When I picked up my phone, I didn’t recognize the number, but I answered anyways.

“Yeah,” I said boldly.


“I’m coming for you with open arms…Joe,” the cold voice said.


“You got the wrong number,” I said nonchalantly.


“I got the right number, my friend. I bet your beautiful girlfriend doesn’t know who you really are,” the cold voice chuckled.

“Who the fuck are you?” I spat in the phone, but low enough that Janice couldn’t hear me.
“I’m your worst fucking nightmare!” the cold voice yelled in the phone, before hanging up.
I called the number back repeatedly, only to listen to a recording saying that the voicemail to the phone wasn’t setup. I instantly became pissed, because I wanted to know who in the fuck was calling my phone with some shit. I grabbed my work phone and checked it to make sure that no one texted or called it. To my surprise, no activity had taken place on my phone. Within moments of me placing both phones on the entertainment center, my laptop dinged, indicating I had a message. I walked over to my laptop, clicked on my Gmail account, and opened the message. As I looked at the thirty-six photos, I became weak at the knees. I read the messages and became instantly upset. You’re a pussy pie punk. You think you are living in an untouchable world? I am going to have fun destroying YOU, NICOLETTE, AND JANICE. I BET JANICE DOESN’T KNOW ANY OF THIS, NOW DOES SHE?
Meet Author TN Jones


I’m thirty years old; I fell in love with writing at an early age. I am a mother to a beautiful girl, Ja’Calin. I read when I’m not working on my own projects. Ole Alabama is where I reside. Traveling, swimming, cooking/baking, spending time with family/friends and enjoying motherhood are a blessing for me. I’m a college graduate from University of Phoenix. I’m easy to get along with, but I hate people that try to get over on me. In the near future, I want to start a movement where authors start donating money to rare diseases.

I don’t have a favorite genre; I read all types except Christian fiction. I’ve read books from James Patterson, Wahida Clark, Kiki Swanson, De’Nesha Diamond, Brenda Jackson, and etc. I was tired of losing jobs due to my illnesses of Hidradenitis Suppurativa and Familial Adenomatous Polyposis; I have been suffering with HS since I was fifteen years old; I was born with Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, but the signs and symptoms didn’t show until I was seventeen. After the loss of several jobs, I decided that maybe writing novels would be a better fit for me and my daughter. Plus, the idea of having people reading my work across the world was a great thing for us. I would bring awareness to different diseases throughout my fictional world. I read to ease my mind, body, and soul. Reading aids me in escaping my own life for a brief second; I’m able to find peace while reading.  

Connect with Author TN Jones









1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete