Friday, December 23, 2016

Book Spotlight: The First Lady’s Choice by K.K. Harris


The First Lady’s Choice
When life seems to throw the biggest curve ball, where do you go? How do you dodge it? Where is your safe-haven? When the chips seem to fall in all the wrong places, who are you supposed to run to?
Church folks can be some of the messiest folks alive. Jump into this tale to see what choices this first lady will be forced to make. Shaky vows or unconditional love, which will she choose?
***EXCERPT***
“Who is it?” A deep voice asked through the door. The sound of the voice always brought a sense of calmness to my fragile nerves but today it seemed impatient.
“…” As bad as I wanted to shout my name, the frog in my throat didn’t allow it. It was a given that he would look in the peephole anyway so I could never understand why he would always ask. Finally, the locks began to turn and the door was opened.
“What are you doing out so late?”
“Sorry to interrupt… I…” I couldn’t form a complete sentence to save my life. Here I was standing on a friend that I had practically written offs doorstep late on a Friday night. My life was in utter turmoil and sadly, my mind was tempting to slip into the gutter.
‘What the hell is wrong with me?’
“Megan, what’s going on?” Tremaine asked. He sounded generally concerned.
“Tre, is everything okay?” A female voice said on the other side of the door. I never imagined someone else would be here so late.
How stupid was I not to realize he would have company. Tre was a very attractive young man with women all over Dallas chasing in behind him. Common sense would have told me he wasn’t alone because he never made a move to invite me inside. He had only stood in the gap with one massive arm braced at the top of the doorframe and the other holding the door. While he spoke with his female company, I made the conscious decision to leave.
“I apologize for interrupting your evening, it’s nothing. I don’t know what I was thinking.” I rambled out attempting to flee as quickly as possible. The intense look he shot at my retreating form didn’t go unnoticed. Like a bullet, his hand shot out to pull me to stop abruptly.
“What the hell…” He was trying to focus in on something. In the process of looking everywhere but directly at him, I almost forgot the real reason I came here.
“Just go back…”
“What is that on your face?” He questioned.
“Oh, that…”
“Yeah, that…”
“It’s…”
“Don’t you dare tell me it’s nothing? Who did this to you?”
“Tre, calm down,” I tried to get him to lower his voice.
“Calm down? CALM DOWN?!”
“TRE, we are in the hall remember?”
“Come inside.”
“No, I don’t want to intrude.”
“Come on,” he pulled me into his apartment despite my many attempts of pulling away. In the back of my mind, I feel some type of way showing up on his doorstep this way but I didn’t know where else to turn. I have always despised being helpless but here I am, what I hate most. Desperate… Destitute…. Destroyed… A disaster… A damsel in distress well on my way to becoming bitter.
My name is Kanika Harris and I pen under the name K. K. Harris. I have been in the writing game for four and a half years with sixteen books under my belt. In the beginning, the entire idea of publishing seemed impossible to achieve. Through the grace of god, I have come out a victor because I never gave up my dream, just altered it a little. Today I am a self-published author on the rise with amazing talent in several different genres.
From the very first book, I have dedicated my hidden talent to creating my very own book covers. Since then it has turned into a full-blown business and create for others in the game. With each and every cover I create, I give my full creative attention as if it were my own. Every artist desires to have a cover to speak for the words inside and I strive to do that and more. Visit www.passionpgm.wix.com/graphics for custom and premade covers.
I love reading paranormal romance. It is a guilty pleasure. As for writing, I love to write in all genres. Whatever idea comes to mind via vision, dream, or random idea-I go for it. My favorite authors would have to be Sylvia Hubbard and EJ Brock. I have all their books.




No comments:

Post a Comment