Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Author Interview with Stephen Matthews



LaToya: Hi Stephen, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Stephen:  Well I am from Philly and currently live in NC. Though I dabble in a few genres by base is spiritual.

LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Stephen:  I want to inspire from my spiritual side and tell stories from the other.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Stephen: That is hard to say because some are known like Stephen King, A. J. Colucci, TD Jakes and Joyce Meyer.

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Stephen: I have a spiritual inspiration book call Bishop Nugget – A walk through the scriptures.



LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Stephen: Marriage, Spiritual and Suspense/Thriller

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Stephen: Drama and truth are dangerous weapons in a writer’s hands.

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Stephen: Chiwetel Ejiofor and Famke Janssen

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Stephen: It was after I had written a play called “Lessons from a Pastor”

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Stephen: I write part-time as way to release my imagination.

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Stephen:  I usually write in the morning before and after prayer.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Stephen:  No, I do per week because of schedule.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Stephen:  My ideas are mostly hybrids that come from all the movies/book that I’ve watch/read and my imagination that truth can be stranger than fiction with a twist.

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Stephen:  I do both. I write down the concept and then let the story write itself.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Stephen: I haven’t evolved yet, I am just getting started…lol

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Stephen: Staying focus when life tosses you distractions.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Stephen:   Making sure the complete purpose and thought is conveyed.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Stephen:  For me there is nothing easy, just fun.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Stephen:  Hopefully, I have found my rhythm and it is six months from start to finish.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Stephen:  I really want to be in a place where I am inspiring people not to forget the real principles of God’s word.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Stephen:  You should not wait any longer to start anything.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Stephen:  I would always want to me Jesus. Dr. Charles Spurgeon who was a great influence in his time and now for Christian believer.

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Stephen: Stephen King - The Langoliers, this book has many different twists. I love the going back into the past and then leaping into the future and then to the present. Is the past really over and if you had a few minutes in the future what would you do with it.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Stephen: Get a good editor. It is a true saying: get a good editor that not just likes your genre but also may understand your writing.



Connect with Stephen:


Facebook:








No comments:

Post a Comment