Thursday, April 14, 2016

Author Interview with Stephanie White

LaToya: Hi Stephanie, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Stephanie:  Hello LaToya, thank you for this opportunity.  I am a Florida author who loves creating fun and engaging characters.  I am a mother of one adult son and two grandchildren and one great-granddaughter. I have written articles for my college.  I also interview authors on my blog talk radio show Author Talk 1 with my partner Delon Anoshi Hagood. My second book, Jen’s Heart is published.  I am excited about my publishing career.

LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Stephanie:  My ambitions for my writing career is to get to know my reading audience.  I have my first book signing scheduled for next month.  I want to travel and introduce myself to my readers.  I believe looking a reader in the eye is good advertisement.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Stephanie:  My favorite authors are: Maya Angelou, Eva J Brock, Clever Black, Barbara Joe Williams, Adrienne Thompson, Keith Kareem Williams and many more.

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Stephanie: I am working on a murder mystery novel.  This will take me some time for research and development of my plot and characters.  My fans will love this novel.

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Stephanie:  Vengeance my first novel deals with domestic violence, Jen’s Heart is a romance novel.

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Stephanie: I will have you laughing, smiling or going hmm.

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Stephanie:  Coco Jones who starred in Let it Shine

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Stephanie: In high school

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Stephanie:  I write full-time.

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Stephanie:   No special time for me to write.  My character’s dictate when I will write.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Stephanie:  I am in a Facebook group.  We are encouraged to write at least 1000 words per day.  This group keeps me focused.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Stephanie:  Vengeance is based on some friends who were survivors of domestic violence.  Jen’s Heart was written by request from a fan.  Romance is not my forte.  I had to step out on faith and write this book.  Then I fell in love with my characters and the book.

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you
Stephanie:  I cannot use an outline.  To me an outline limits my creative flow, so I write and then later edit what was previously written.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Stephanie:  Each book I see my creative development evolves.  I am learning less is best when writing.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Stephanie:  Advertising is the hardest thing for any author I believe.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Stephanie:   The hardest thing was me writing a romance novel.  I am not a romantic person.  So research and talking to my friends helped me.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Stephanie:  For me just sitting down with some nice music in the background, candles lit and I can write all night.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Stephanie:  It depends on the characters, the book I am writing now will take about six months to complete.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Stephanie:  My dream is to become a New York Times best- selling author.  That is where I see myself in five years.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Stephanie:  Be patient, Do like Jesus did, be quiet and listen to your elders.  Take some creative writing courses.  Learn how to budget for each book.  Set up a goal and achieve it one step at a time.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Stephanie:  I would love to meet Michelle Obama.  She has accomplished so much in her life.

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Stephanie: I guess being the first person to write about nostalgia.  I have a book coming down the pipe that is from the past.  I believe that will be my best seller.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Stephanie:  You have to be patient.  The first book will not be a hit.  It is a learning curve.  You can always re-write it later.

Connect with Stephanie:



Facebook:  Ladywriter314

Twitter: Ladywriter314

LinkedIn: ladywriter314

Pinterest:  ladywriter314




Purchase Links






No comments:

Post a Comment