Monday, April 4, 2016

Book Spotlight: Unbalanced by Author Laura T Johnson


“Here he comes, ladies,” Brooke said.
     Simone, Elise, and Catherine’s heads turned. They all exhaled. God had never made anything as beautiful as this man. Like every woman, they stopped to watch him. He was truly a work of art. They all stared in awe as he came their way.
     “Dorian…Wallace,” Brooke practically moaned his name.
     “Down, girl,” Simone said.
     “Hey, I’m not the only one. Elise is drooling, too.”
     “Yes, I am,” Elise mumbled.
     “Ooo, his fraternity is having a party tonight and we are going!” Brooke said.
     “I’m in,” Elise said, raising her hand.
     “You know I am,” Simone said.
     “Cat?” Brook asked.
     “I’m out. I’m staying home. It is my first night off in weeks.”
     “That’s why you’re coming out with us,” Elise said.
     “But…ˮ
     “That’s it,” she said, cutting Cat off.
     “Then it’s settled,” Brooke said, as she stood up. “See you chicks later.”
     “I don’t want to go.” Cat sighed.
     “You’re going,” Elise said. “You work and go to school full time. You don’t have any time for anything else. Have some fun for once.”
     “That is fun.”
     Elise shook her head.
     “Girl, you are a sad case. Who was your last date, again?” Simone asked.
     “Ugh, Sean.” Cat said. “Please don’t remind me of that horror.”
     “Sorry. However, you see where I’m going with this.”
     “Unfortunately, I do. Okay, I’ll go.”
     “Good. Come on, Simone. Class starts in five minutes,” Elise said, looking at her watch.
     “See you ladies later.”
     “What are you about to do?”
     “I’ll probably sit here a little longer and then head home.”
     “Okay. Bye.”
     Cat decided to put in her earbuds and chose the K. Michelle album to listen to while she sat under the tree pretending to study. What she was actually doing was waiting and hoping for another look at Adonis, a.k.a. Dorian Wallace. An hour had passed before Cat decided to give up and go home. She gathered her things and headed across campus with her earbuds still in. All of a sudden, she got knocked off her feet. Literally. She looked up and saw Adonis hovering over her and his beautiful lips moving. He reached up and pulled her earbuds out of her ears.
     “I said, are you okay?”
     She couldn’t speak.
     “I know you can hear me,” he said, smiling. “Are you okay? Did you hit your head?”
     Say something!! Cat thought to herself.
     “Uh, yes. No, I’m fine,” she finally said.
     “Are you sure? Here, let me help you up,” he said, standing up and scooping her up in his arms.
     “You can put me down. I’m fine. Nothing is sprained or broken.”
     Adonis gently put Cat down on her feet. He stared at her for what seemed like an eternity.  Cat felt like she was being hypnotized. This man is beautiful.
     “Let me get your things.”
     She watched him kneel down and gather her books.
     “Can I help you to wherever you’re going?”
     “No, I’m fine, thanks. I have to go.”
     Cat practically snatched her things from him and ran off before he could say anything else. Oh, my God, I was just run down by Dorian Wallace, and he carried me for almost a minute! Wait until the girls hear this!! Cat thought as she rushed across campus.

Meet Author Laura T Johnson



     I am the author of two books: Where Would I Be and Unbalanced (Series) Pt. 1. I was first bitten by the writing bug six years ago. While reading my journal I began to realize that my story could possibly help others who were going through the same thing. In 2006, I was the victim of an abusive relationship that lasted for two and half years. The relationship was volatile from the beginning. While in this relationship, I contemplated suicide almost on a daily basis. In 2009, I began to write my first novel. When those who’d read my work wanted to read more, I knew I had something good on my hands.
     My love for books started at a young age. I remember one Christmas my mother gave me at least ten books. They ranged from Sleeping Beauty to Jack and the Beanstalk. I read those books until they fell apart. Literally. As I got older, my tastes turned to Mystery and Psychological Thrillers. My favorite author, hands down, is James Patterson. Every mystery he has written, I’ve read. Through Patterson and a long list of other authors I found my own passion in creating stories. I truly love what I do! To create a story around a character’s life excites me every time.

Social Media Links:


Twitter: @AuthorLauraJ





No comments:

Post a Comment