Monday, September 18, 2017

Book Spotlight: Are You Still Down by Paulette Jones


The me I am is the me I was born to be. It's my thing it's also how I live if I wasn't born to be this person then I wouldn't be here. It's that simple and it makes life so much more fun to live. It even drives my writing and the things I develop and released. My personal specifics are simple really, graduated high school, got my degree, found a job and started figuring out life. The realization that thirty-five was knocking on my door led me to sit down with my laptop and get out all the thoughts running through my head. For years like many others, I'm sure I found every reason not to write and now I can't seem to find a reason to stop. I'm a positive mind even when life isn't headed down a positive road anyone that knows me would agree with that. I genuinely love escaping into the world of words. May they be the ones of a new or favorite author or my very own I love the entire process.
I’m the one people would roll their eyes at for sure I love everything from Harry Potter to Fifty Shades. Maya Angelou made me read, but Authors and writers like Terry McMillian, Rochelle Alers and Brenda Barrett made me love the art of putting a story together. I’m pretty sure it’s been said but there is a beautiful art behind the written word in all forms and it captured me around ten years old and hasn’t let go yet. No matter what is going on in my life a good book can make everything better and that for sure is why I love to read, even more why I love creating with the hope that my words can be an escape for someone.

Connect with Paulette Jones






 “Taylor where have you been I have been calling you all day…are you working on your birthday you better not be I will come right to that hospital you know?”
“Case, calm down that is not good for you at all, I’m not working I didn’t work at all today does that make you happy.

Oh, well sorta well what are you doing then you didn’t sleep the day away did you?”
“No, actually I’m in East Linden I’ve been here all day actually since last night.”
“Wait…are you with a guy did you…are you sleeping with someone and not telling me.” She actually seemed shocked by the notation as if it was no possibility of me being with a guy which made me laugh.

“You know one of the best ways to go into labor is sex maybe you should get your husband to help you with those hormones of yours…and no I’m not sleeping with anyone…. I’m actually with Brandon.” She was quiet so long I had to check to make sure she was still there. Once she was responsive again I explained how I ended up with him and how he had made my day so relaxing and special without a lot of fuss or headaches.

“Taye I have to say this and you can’t get mad at me because it's true…. you and Brandon well can’t you see that you just keep ending up in this same place…stop fighting it Taye just let your heart do what it wants. You two belong together and if you keep tip-toeing around one another because of what happened in the past then you will never truly be happy you always fussed and fussed about me and Justin and until the day I said I do I didn’t really believe it. Taye you have to know that is where your heart belongs...Don’t make any hard decisions but just try Taye.”



1 comment:

  1. Superb post regarding "Book Spotlight: Are You Still Down by Paulette Jones"

    MCX Tips Free Trial

    ReplyDelete