Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Book Spotlight: Dream the Impossible Tristan Jackson

Author Tristan Jackson was born and raised in a section of Houston, Texas called 4th ward. She by having faith, hope, and perseverance obtained a Bachelors of Business Administration in Human Resource Management (2009) and Masters of Public Administration (2013) from Lamar University. Raised by a single parent, she determined to break the generational curses in her family. 

For the last 7 years, she has worked in Higher education as an Academic Advisor. Making sure that every student she comes in contact is aware of every opportunity available to them in college. 

God has allowed her the gift of writing. Though the path of Tristan Jackson life remains clouded by the mysterious mist of the future, of one thing she is sure:  no matter what her priorities in life may become, she will always keep God first.
She prays through her books, academic advising, speaking and helping, I want to inspire everyone to reach their dreams. I want to reach the silent voices in the world that are searching for hope. I am a witness to God’s favor and how you can rise above your situation.     

In addition to serving as a mentor and coach in her role as an academic advisor, Ms. Jackson is active in her community through her participation in hosting events like, Back to School Prayer Care of Love (toiletry drive for seniors), Pre-Mother’s Day Dinner and College 101 prep event.
  
All of my books are inspirational and motivational. My favorite authors are Maya Angelou, Joel Osteen, Oprah Winfrey, and Carl Weber. Why I love to write. Everyone is different so obviously my reasons are going to be different from others.Writing isn’t just putting words on a page or screen, it’s all of my thoughts, feelings and ideas displayed in a coherent way; I do this not only for others, but for myself. I write because it’s the best, and sometimes only way, to fully understand what I’m feeling and why. I write to make the things that don’t make sense a little more comprehensible. I write to help make myself feel better. I write to inspire and motivate dreamers. I write to leave a legacy for my future children and next generation.  I write to motivate people and to help make them feel better about themselves. I write in hopes that others will realize that they really are not as alone as they may feel. I write because the thought of making just one person feel better, or happier or simply just smile, makes me happy.

Connect with Tristan Jackson


Facebook: TJInspires

Instagram: TJInspires



Dream the Impossible released August 2015. Tristan Jackson is using the Dream the Impossible as a platform to help shape the lives of  youth and young adults in Texas and across the globe. Many people doubted Tristan Jackson would ever succeed in life, but she has proven them wrong on so many levels. Some said she wouldn’t graduate high school, but she did. Her educational pursuits went even further with her receiving a Bachelor’s degree, soon to be followed by a Master’s degree in Public Administration, which she received in August.2013. Others tried to destroy her self-esteem, not knowing that her personal pride and strong self-worth would one day help her overcome the many obstacles she faced throughout her childhood and most of her adult life.


Dream the Impossible, chronicles key life-changing moments in the life of main character, Tristan Jackson. Tristan Jackson overcomes a life of shame, single parent home, self-esteem issues, verbal abuse, test anxiety and even a kidnapping – all while keeping her dreams of becoming more than her situation alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment