Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Author Interview with Cheraee


LaToya: Hi Cheraee thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Cheraee: I'm a self-published author who has self-published (4) books since 2014. I'm the editor of (2) magazines in my hometown Detroit. One is a hip hop magazine (SDM) and one is a gospel magazine (Indie Faith.) I also do book editing and ghostwriting in my spare time.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Cheraee: The writers that inspire me are Noire, Nikki Turner, Maya Angelou, and Eric Jerome Dickey.

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Cheraee: At the minute I'm working on 3 books I plan to release in the first quarter of 2016.

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Cheraee: My books are urban fiction, but I have created 2 of my own genres which I call reality fiction and intellectual, hood fiction.

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Cheraee: A quote that I use to represent myself is "the queen pen of reality fiction."

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Cheraee: I would love for Naturi Naughton to play the leading role in my book.

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Cheraee: I decided to become a writer in 2014 when I started self-publishing my books.

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Cheraee: I write full-time.

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Cheraee: I don't have a special time to write I just write whenever I'm inspired.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Cheraee: I don't aim for a set of words or pages a day. I just write until I fall asleep.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Cheraee: My ideas come from my own life, people around me, and everyday society.

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Cheraee: I always start off with a general outline, but I let my ideas do the talking.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Cheraee: Creatively I have evolved because I am now a more independent author, and every book I write I become more humble in my writing.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Cheraee: The hardest thing about writing is writing new ideas that haven't been published.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Cheraee: The hardest thing about writing my last book which was part of a sequel is making sure it was better and shadier then part 1 and 2.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Cheraee: The easiest thing about writing is being able to have the freedom of speech.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Cheraee: It takes me about 3 months or less to write a book.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Cheraee: In 5 years I hope to have published 20 books, be a national best-seller, and own my own publishing company.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Cheraee: The advice I would give my younger self is to have started self-publishing when I first started writing novels at 19.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Cheraee: A famous person I would love to meet is Zane because she is more than just an author.

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Cheraee: I would have loved to be the original author of Candy Licker by Noire. This was one of the first books I read that made me fall in love with urban lit.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Cheraee: I would advise aspiring authors not to change your writings for anyone, and not to take no for an answer.
Connect with Cheraee:

Website: www.cheraeec.com

Facebook: Sheree Cheraee Cranford

Twitter: @ashadymission

Instagram: @literally_raee

Amazon Author Page: Cheraee C.



Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment