Friday, January 15, 2016

Book Spotlight: When A Man Loves A Woman by Tumika Patrice Cain



Avery:

Feeling better than I’d felt in a while, I walked into the condo with a purpose. “Alicia, where are you, baby?”
“I’m in the tub, Avery.” I burst in on her and she looked up at me with a curious expression. “Ave, are you okay?” Her eyebrows raised in question.
“Baby, I’m great!” I dropped down to my knees by the side of the tub to plant a kiss on her perfect face sticking up from the sea of bubbles. She looked adorable. And incredibly sexy. “Mmmm. I missed you.”

She stared at me for a long time before answering. “I missed you, too.” Her face was so serious. Her eyes bespoke of a great turmoil burning in her soul. It was a hard admission for her to make, but nevertheless true. I began to nibble her neck, and I heard her moan. It had been a month since the “incident” and we’d barely touched. Not that I hadn’t tried. She wouldn’t let me too close to her. I missed her softness, and I could tell she wanted me as much as I wanted her. Felt her breath quicken and become labored against my cheek.

“You wanna join me, Avery?” The look on her face was a cross between come hither and nervous anticipation of what was to come by letting me into her space again. In her life. Seeing as how, until that point, I’d been hovering near the edge, just barely able to keep from falling off. That was the sweetest question I’d ever heard.

“Yeah, baby. Oh, yeah.” I growled deep in my throat. Before I could even finish my answer I’d already stripped down to nothing and was climbing into the oversized whirlpool tub to join my wife. The sight of her reaching up to me excited me tremendously. I heard myself groan.
Heated sounds of moaning and ecstasy filled the air as I nibbled and sucked her neck, lips, breasts. A romantic urgency eased between us. “Come to me, Avery,” she panted against my ear. I thought she’d never say it. Our mating was fast and furious as we loved away our hurt and frustrations. We were left panting and clinging to each other. She looked into my eyes and I felt her reach for me again. I picked her up and carried her to our bed. All the urgency of the first encounter was gone, so we were able to love each other slowly, tenderly. Tears slipped silently from her eyes, releasing a host of unanswered emotions, finally being let loose. I licked them away and looked deep into her eyes. “I love you, Alicia. And I’m so very sorry I hurt you. Please forgive me.” I couldn’t touch her enough. I wanted to mold us together to absorb all of the hurt she was feeling.

Excerpt from When a Man Loves a Woman: A Season of Change by Tumika Patrice Cain

Meet Author Tumika Patrice Cain


Tumika Patrice Cain is an award-winning author, media personality, publisher, columnist, poet and book reviewer. Her works center around the uplifting, encouraging and empowering others to live the abundant life. Her works have been described as brilliant wordsmith that paints beautiful word pictures. Experience her writing for yourself!

Tumika enjoys reading books of various genres, especially romance, literary fiction and contemporary women’s fiction. Some of her favorite authors are Pearl Cleage, Maya Angelou, Beverly Jenkins, E. Lynn Harris, J. California Cooper, Nikki Giovanni, LaVyrle Spencer, and Danielle Steele. She writes to give herself wings to fly and to give a voice to those who have yet to find their own. She writes to empower.

Connect with Tumika Patrice Cain







Purchase Link

No comments:

Post a Comment