Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Author Interview with Margaret Flack


LaToya: If you could choose a famous African American who has impacted your life who would it be and why?
Margaret: Sam Cooke because he was fearless about owning the rights to his own music. He didn’t settle for just anything and stood up for what he believed in. His legacy was was diminished due to the way he died by many but to me he was a hero.

LaToya: Where are you from? Where do you live now?
Margaret: I’m from Louisville, Kentucky (Derby City stand up) I live in a small town called Verbena, Alabama

LaToya: Did you always know you wanted to be a writer? 
Margaret: I always knew because I always wrote. As a child it got me through alot of things.

LaToya: When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book? 
Margaret: I was first published in a poetry anthology called Friends of a Feather in 2012 I believe.

LaToya: How did you choose the genre you write in? 
Margaret: I love so many genres but urban fiction is my heart. There is more to it than the stereotypical things that people assume.

LaToya: Where do you get your ideas?
Margaret: Honey I have about 20 people in my head at any given time and none of them pay rent.

LaToya: Name one book that you would categorize as a life changing read. 
Margaret: I would say “The Friends” by Rosa Guy. A girl is so trapped in her sisters shadow that she seeks refuge in a friend she makes.

LaToya: Who is your favorite author? 
Margaret: E. Lynn Harris!!

LaToya: Name one book you wish you’d written. 
Margaret: Never thought much on that topic. I would say “The Coldest Winter Ever.”

LaToya: Tell us about your latest book. 
Margaret: My latest book is a BBW love saga for my plus sized divas. A woman loses her boyfriend tragically and loses her mind over it after she is blamed. Once she starts putting her life back together she meets a man with ex-girlfriend issues. She lands a modeling gig thinking everything is about to go up not having a clue what’s about to go down.

LaToya: How can readers connect with you?
Margaret: I am in Face Book, Twitter, Instagram, and Good Reads.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Margaret: No matter what you are told you should always keep writing. You have to keep reading as well because it helps you improve your work. Don’t take reviews so seriously because you cannot satisfy everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment