Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Nigeria Lockley: How I Went From Author to CEO in a Year


I Went From Author to CEO in a Year

The greatest plans are the plans that you don’t make for yourself. The greatest plans are the ones inspired by the Lord. My own plans for my writing career were basically write, publish, write some more, and publish. When I say publish I mean have a publisher take care of each project for me and promote each project for me.

However, reality sunk in once I got my first deal—I’m the promoter, I’m have to find and work with the editor, I am my team.

That should have motivated me to do my own thing, but it didn’t really. My experience with my publisher was missing some things, but I still wanted someone to be in charge of the release of my future books. That is up until I was selected for Jury duty late February. Suddenly I felt very industrious and started setting up Inheritance Books.

After I received my logo I showed my logo to my sister. She liked it, but she asked me why I was creating a publishing company when I already had a publisher. My response was, “I don’t know, but I feel like there’s a hole and I want to fill it.” I genuinely didn’t know why I was doing what I doing until two days after that conversation with my sister when my publisher announced that they were cutting the Christian Fiction line. There was the hole that Inheritance Books was designed filled to fill and now I’m preparing to publish books that entertain and edify. Starting with our first release Tempted to Touch.


Inheritance Books is more than just books. We will be hosting webinars (for all kinds of dream chasers) starting in December with a full scale launch in 2016. As well as online workshops for authors because I want you to #GetyourInheritance too! At heart I’m a teacher. I can’t help but want to share the knowledge I have and encourage others to step out in faith to reach for their goals. It’s certainly a new approach to publishing, but God is doing a new thing. Since the publication of my first novel, Born at Dawn I have learned that while the door is open it’s best to walk through it.




For more information about Inheritance Books visit:
Sign up for our newsletter and receive 3 Keys to Getting Your Inheritance FREE http://ift.tt/1Mof9QI

Follow us on Instagram @inheritancebooks and on Twitter @inheritbooks
Make sure you support Inheritance Books by Pre-ordering our first release Tempted to Touch

Pre-order Tempted to Touch:




Bio

Nigeria Lockley possesses two master’s degrees, one in English secondary education, which she utilizes as an educator with the New York City Department of Education. Her second master’s degree is in creative writing. Nigeria’s debut novel, Born at Dawn received the 2015 Phillis Wheatley Award for First Fiction. Nigeria serves as the Vice President of Bridges Family Services, a not-for-profit organization that assists student parents interested in pursuing a degree in higher education. She is also the deaconess and clerk for her spiritual home, King of Kings and Lord of Lords Church of God. Nigeria is a New York native who resides in Harlem with her husband and two daughters.

Keep up with Nigeria

To find out more about Inheritance Books sign up for our newsletter and receive 3 Keys to Getting Your Inheritance FREE http://ift.tt/1Mof9QI

No comments:

Post a Comment