Thursday, February 25, 2016

Author Interview with Koko


LaToya: Hi Koko, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Koko:  Hi Latoya! I’m glad to be here. Thank you so much for having me. Let’s see, I am originally from Northern IL and currently live in Atlanta GA. I love to read and write. But reading is definitely my first passion.

LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Koko:  I would love to make the bestsellers list. Followed by selling a screenplay or maybe having my books turned into a television series.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Koko: Oh my, there are too many to name. I’ll choose different ones for this question. Zora Neale Hurston, Langston Hughes, Brenda Jackson, Rochelle Alers and the list goes on and on and on…

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Koko: I am currently working on my latest release Devoured Inhibitions. It’s the latest release in the Flesh is Weak Chronicles. Part 1 was released 2/16/16 and the complete novella is out 2/23/16! I must admit, I really enjoyed writing and reading this one!

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Koko:  My books are erotica. The reason being is that KoKo is an anonymous pen name. I have other names I write under for my strictly romance and etc genres, but KoKo allows me the anonymity to write down and dirty without having family and friends giving me “the look”.

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Koko: Refreshing, raw, yet smooth and passionate. Arousing.

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Koko: Tika Sumpter

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Koko: I’ve always loved to write. I decided to become a published author in 2012.

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Koko: I would love to write fulltime, but at the moment, it’s just part time.

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Koko:  I try to wake up no later than 4:30 every weekday morning to get in an hour or two of writing. I also use my lunch breaks and if I have the energy, I go for it when I get home as well.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Koko:  Yes and no. I aim to write everyday. I don’t have a minimum page or word count for the day, but I do set a word count target for the project I’m working on.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Koko:  They all come from my head. I am a daydreamer through and through. There is no shortage of characters living inside my head…I’m not crazy, I promise.

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Koko:  Great question! When I first began it was from the top of my head and I just let the story lead me wherever it wanted to go. I have since learned it can be hard to tie up the story that way. I now write from a loose outline.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Koko: I can’t pinpoint exactly how or where my writing has evolved, but it has evolved. Does that make sense? I guess I would say I am becoming more confident in my talent and am open to suggestions.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Koko: Writing. Taking the time to actually sit down and put your thoughts and words on screen or paper. It seems so easy and simple when the story is living in your brain, but to put it down…a completely different story.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Koko:   Not making it a full-length novel. The series was started and is intended to be short stories. With the subject matter of Devoured Inhibitions, I had so many things I wanted to do with it, but I had to stop somewhere.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Koko:  Writing. LOL. Writing is the “easiest” part of the process. Editing, proof reading and all the things that comes along with marketing your work, not so much. But I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Koko:  Devoured Inhibitions Novella was written in a months’ time. It’s the first time I have written at this speed and I loved it.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Koko:  Writing full time and perhaps writing for a television series.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Koko:   Don’t stop writing. Regardless of what others’ thoughts or opinions are on your work, continue to do you and keep it to yourself.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Koko:  George R. R. Martin. I would just love to pick his brain on where Game of Thrones came from and the journey he took for it to evolve to where it is today.

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Koko:  Argh! Sadly that’s one question I can’t answer LaToya. There really are too many for me to choose from.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Koko: Don’t stop. Continue to persevere. Know that where there is a will, there truly is a way. If you want it, you can have it.

Connect with Koko:



Amazon Author Page: http://Author.to/KoKoStrokes

Purchase Links





No comments:

Post a Comment