Friday, February 5, 2016

Book Spotlight: See What Had Happen Was by Mz. Biggs


Excerpt: Clarice

            As I listened to my favorite R & B stations on Pandora, I couldn’t help but grove with the music.  While singing, making motions with my hands, and swaying my hips in the chair, I was really feeling “Slow Motion” by Trey Songz.  As I drifted deeper into the song, my phone notified me of an incoming text.

            Hubby:  Hey baby!  Since I’m off today, I’m at home thinking about planting a few trees in the backyard to add some shade back there.  Plus, I don’t have anything interesting to do (smiley face).  How big do you think the trees should be?

            Me:  Nine inches should be nice and thick (Lol).      

            Hubby: Yeah, those thick nine inches would fit perfectly into that tight space; especially when it gets wet (wink).

            The moistness grew between my legs.  It caused my thong to become damp.  Just the thought of our activities always made me wet.  Chills ran down my spine as I thought about being with my husband.

            We continued to send messages to each other for another seven minutes; making plans to have a romantic night when I got off.  For some reason, he stopped responding, which meant he was either engaged in self-pleasure, or had fallen asleep and was now snoring like a grizzly bear.  I could only laugh as I visualized either sight.

            Wanting to surprise him with a lunchtime quickie, I rushed to complete the report I was working on to leave out before the lunchtime traffic.  Trying to maneuver through downtown was horrible during lunch.  The time on my computer displayed 10:53am.  I was making good timing.  I locked the report up in my 4-drawer file cabinet along with any other confidential client information and logged off my computer so I could get out of there.

            Grabbing my purse out of the bottom drawer of my desk and cell phone off the charger, I left out of my office and locked the door behind me.  I briskly walked out of the building to my car, hoping that no one would stop me.  I didn’t have time to make small talk since I had a mission to complete, with just enough time to get back to work before my next client was due to arrive.

            Once inside of my car, I fought through the traffic and eventually made it home in record time.  Pulling into my driveway, I noticed my husband’s car was not parked outside.  This was unusual for him because he always parked there, unless it was dark or had been raining hard.  I brushed all worries to the back of my mind.  Knowing him, he might’ve gone to run a few errands; he never could stay still.  With that, I decided to just go inside to fix some lunch before heading back to work.

            Continuing to walk up the stairs towards my front door, I suddenly stopped in my tracks.  I thought I heard screams.  I stood there for close to 3 minutes, trying to see if I would hear the noise again.  I knew it couldn’t be coming from a neighbor’s house; we didn’t live close to anyone.  When I didn’t hear it again, I shrugged it off and pulled out the key from my purse to unlock the front door.

            Slowly turning the knob to push the door open, ‘thump…thump…thump’ was all I could hear from upstairs.  Startled by the screams and moaning that followed, I froze at the thought of who could be in my house.  My husband was gone, so that meant it was either someone we’d hired to work around the house or one of my husband’s friends.  Just the thought of someone else being in my house, having sex nonetheless, made me shake my head in disgust.

            The thought of a man cheating on his wife infuriated me, but the fact that my husband would let them come to our house made it worse.  If it was one of his friends, that would explain why his car was not outside.  He probably called himself giving them privacy.

            Not in my d*mn house!!!  I thought was I begun to creep up the stairs to stop them, hopefully in mid-stroke.

            Hopping every other step, getting closer to the room, the noise grew louder.  The screams and moans became stronger.

            “Yes, Yes, F*ck Me!”  A female voice said.

            This was followed by ‘smack…smack.’   I assumed that she was getting hit from the back and the smacking sound was of him lashing her a**.  It turned me on a little and almost tempted me to crack the door and watch, but I had to get back to work and was not going to allow someone else to have sex in my house when I wasn’t able to get my lunchtime quickie.

            Snatching my antique touch lamp off the console table in the hallway, I paraded closer to the room that the noises were coming from.  Lucky for them, it was a guest bedroom because if it had been my bed, I was going to catch a murder charge.  I was anxious to see the person my husband let bring some nasty trick into my house so they could get their “rocks off.”

            As I cautiously opened the door, the bitch yelled out, “Deeper Travis!  Go deeper baby!”  My ears had to be deceiving me.  I couldn’t have heard what I thought I heard.  But to my surprise, when I finally worked up enough courage to push the door all the way open, I stood there frozen; I was torn up from the sight in front of me.  Water cascaded down my face, stinging my cheeks before falling down and hitting the front of my shirt.

            Once I was finally able to move, I quickly raised my arm in the air and ran up behind my husband, swiftly hitting him in the back of the head with the lamp.  

About Authoress Crystal Biggs


Crystal Biggs (formerly Crystal Lett) was born on September 20 to Wayne Lett and the late Vickey Elaine Kirkland-Lett in Pascagoula, Mississippi. She was raised on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, in a small town known as Moss Point. Her mother died when she was 11-years old, causing her and her older sister, Demetria (Cedric) Moore, to ultimately end up living with her paternal grandparents. After graduating high school with the astonishing Moss Point High School Class of 2002, she went on to get her Bachelors in Social Work in 2005 from Jackson State University and Masters in Social Work in 2006, also from Jackson State University. Currently residing in Jackson, MS, she is a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) and a Provisionally Certified Mental Health Therapist (PCMHT).  Also in 2006, Crystal married De'Miktric Biggs Sr. and together they had three children (De'Miktric Jr., Allanah, and Kaiden). 

Reading became an outlet for me when personal life situations started to get the best of me.  It kept me from stressing out so much and feeling as though I was going to have a nervous breakdown.  I read a lot of Urban Fiction books because they are the most relatable, but I also read inspirational book for the sake of self-empowerment.  The books that I started writing are in the Urban Fiction genre because they seem to be what’s selling right now.  However, I do see myself branching out and writing books that are found to be suspenseful.

Connect with Authoress Crystal Biggs


Twitter: @mz_biggz

Amazon’s Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Mz.-

Instagram: Authoress Crystal Biggs

***Please send email to the following email address to be added to the mailing list: authoress.mz.biggs@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment