Monday, September 21, 2015

Author Interview: A.W. Myrie


LaToya: If you could choose a famous African American who has impacted your life who would it be and why?
A.W. Myrie: Maya Angelou. That beautiful woman embodied wisdom that was far beyond what many were able to understand. She had a way with words that had the power to captivate her audience. She also overcame her obstacles triumphantly and was able to tell her testimony to millions. She was truly a Phenomenal Woman!

LaToya: Where are you from? Where do you live now?
A.W. Myrie: I was born in Jacksonville, FL (DUVAL), however, I was raised in a small town called Brundidge which is in Alabama. I went to the same elementary and high school with a plethora of cousins. It was awesome. My momma used to joke that my dad was related to everybody! Currently I reside in Gibsonton, FL, which is just outside of Tampa. My job and my church is located in Tampa.

LaToya: Did you always know you wanted to be a writer?
A.W. Myrie: Since I was a little girl.

LaToya: When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
A.W. Myrie: I started writing my first novel in December 2013 and I finished it a day before my 32nd birthday November 8, 2014. It took eleven months because I really had a hard time learning how to bring an ending to a series. So I studied the art of doing that for about four months. My second book in the series only took four months to write.

LaToya: How did you choose the genre you write in?
A.W. Myrie: I have strong beliefs and convictions. So I knew that whenever I started to write, it would definitely have to be Christian Fiction.

LaToya: Where do you get your ideas?
A.W. Myrie: A lot of personal experiences over the years. I relate to teenagers and young adults quite well. I am also very close to my niece so I hear a lot of drama and stories that go on in her high school.

LaToya: Name one book that you would categorize as a life-changing read.
A.W. Myrie: My Soul Cries Out by Sherri L. Lewis

LaToya: Who is your favorite author?
A.W. Myrie: The beautiful Adrienne Thompson

LaToya: Name one book you wish you’d written.
A.W. Myrie: Any one of Adrienne’s books. She is a genius! LOL.

LaToya: Tell us about your latest book.
A.W. Myrie: Getting Over Kyle is book II of the Second Chances Series. In this book we will find out which character/characters is getting over Kyle Thomas. He is the central focus of this book and you would have to read Stacy’s Story to find out why. Sorry…I can’t give anything away.



LaToya: How can readers connect with you?
A.W. Myrie: I LIVE on FB. LOL. If they search me by Arlisha Myrie and request me, I will add them.  Also, they can join my author’s page on FB at A. W. Myrie, lastly they can join my publisher’s page at Ink Trails Publishing.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
A.W. Myrie: I will give you the same advice that caused me to sit down at my computer in 2013 and create my first novel, Stacy’s Story…JUST WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment