Monday, September 7, 2015

Book Spotlight: Catching Feelings for a Married Man by Laqutia Cameron


Excerpt:

 “What time is Jazz coming home tomorrow?”I asked. Considering he’s my best friend, I should know the answer. He hadn’t responded to me last night when I questioned his return, so I needed to check with Zenayia to make sure things were clear.

“He said he would be in late this evening,”she stated. “Look Damon, I know lately I’ve been all in my feelings. Last night was a mistake, and we can’t have sex anymore. Okay?”Zenayia added.
“I understand, and I agree,”I replied, not wanting to dwell on the conversation much with Jennifer standing near. She didn’t have a clue what was going on, nor did she mind that I talked on the phone with Jazz’s wife from time to time.

“Thanks for being so understanding, and there when I need you. I’m so emotional being pregnant and all. Speaking of which, I should be telling this to Jazz instead of you,”she advised.
“Right! So when are you going to share the great news?”

“I don’t know, probably tonight. I’m coming up for another doctor’s visit. I might as well tell him before I get too far along, and he finds out,”she responded. “Alright, well enjoy your day and tell Jazz to hit me up when you hear from him,”I told her ending the call.

“What’s wrong baby?”Jennifer asked standing next to the refrigerator in the kitchen.
“Nothing... Jazz is at it again. He won’t answer our calls or messages,”I said sighing heavily. “I cannot wait ‘til he gets home so I can tell him that whatever he doin’ain’t good! Something could happen with his wife or kids, and he won’t even know it. Zenayia is pregnant with their third child and he doesn’t even have time for her to bring it to his attention!”I explained. Of course, I couldn’t tell my wife that Jazz was cheating on Zenayia, because then she would tell her.

“Well I’m glad you are concerned about the well-being of your friend’s family. Whatever issues they are facing, he needs to work it out with her. Zenayia is a beautiful, successful woman. You don’t find too many of those, willing to stick around to put up with bullshit, like her,”Jennifer stated.
“You right about that!”“I wish you would show the same concern for this household as you do theirs,”Jennifer mumbled.

“What did you say?”

“Oh, nothin’! I was just talking to myself,”she said, giving me a phony smile.

“Well, I need to be getting to work. My parole officer is on my ass about keeping this job. I’ll call you when I go to break.” I told her grabbing my baseball cap off the kitchen counter. I kissed Jennifer goodbye. Something in her comment made me think of our relationship, but I brushed off the notion that she could be referring to us. I used to be just like Jazz, cheating on Jennifer with all kinds of women before we got married. She accepted me with all my flaws, and yet lately, I continue to gain more of them by having this mini fling with my best friend’s wife. If Zenayia didn’t have my head so far up in the clouds, I would have felt Jennifer’s cold stare following me out the door.

Blurb: Kara’s gotten her feelings wrapped around Jazz in hopes of becoming the number one woman in his life. Too bad his wife is already in that spot! Her love for him has her lowering her standards to maintaining her side chick status. But Kara wants more… She becomes demanding and gives Jazz ultimatums proving she is over his games. His empty promises and lies show her he isn't the man he claims to be. But like most women, Kara is determined to fight for her love… 

Jazz is hooked on Kara’s young love. After witnessing his best friend and wife having sex, he’s confused and unsure of who he can trust. His life is flipped upside down by drama and tragedy, once the set up of his best friend comes back to haunt him. 

“Zen” aka Zenayia struggles to love her husband Jazz… She’s gotten lost in her feelings for his best friend Damon. Her affair with Damon ultimately puts her in a compromising position when she is deemed with an unexpected pregnancy. Her marriage is on the line resulting in her hiding secrets are unmasked. 

The ultimate betrayal of his best friend Jazz leaves Damon questioning those around him. He is jealous of Jazz and wishes he had his lifestyle. Their friendship will be tested, pushing Damon to make drastic decisions to keep his affair with Zen under wraps. He is determined to find out who set him up, but he has no idea his enemy is right under his nose… 
Purchase links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24964733-catchin-feelings-for-a-married-man
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ime_i_1_5?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=laquita+cameron&sprefix=laqui%2Cdigital-text%2C385

Author Bio:

 I am LaQuita Cameron, i am a muti-genre writer. I also publish under Pretty In Ink Publications. I am a mother of three beautiful children. Currently living in Dallas, Tx. I was born in a little town called Rollingfork, Mississippi. So I am a country girl. I love music and singing. I love watching movies and have a few favorite TV series that I watch during the week. My favorite things to do in my spare time are reading, play with my children; spend time with my family, and playing video games (believe or not). I work full time in a Accounting Customer Service Escalation Dept. So writing is part time for me. My dreams is to become a successful writer, publisher, clothes designer, and model.

Readers can connect with me on social media:

Facebook/Author LaQuita Cameron,
Facebook/ Author LaQuita Cameron's Readers Group/ Reads With LaQuita
Twitter: Laquitacam86
Instagram: Laquitacam86

Thank you for your time.  LaQuita Cameron --Author

No comments:

Post a Comment