Friday, September 11, 2015

Author Interview with Geraldetrick Moses


Today I have the honor of introducing to you all a brand new Author Geraldetrick Moses.

LaToya: If you could choose a famous African American who has impacted your life who would it be and why?
Geraldetrick: Tupac is a famous African American who has impacted my life.  From youth, I would listen to music of him and watch movies that had him in it.  I liked his heart touching lyrics, the songs he made about his mother, and his way of relating to African American people.  

LaToya: Where are you from? Where do you live now?
Geraldetrick: Originally, I’m from Shreveport, Louisiana.  I currently reside in Savannah, Georgia.

LaToya:  Did you always know you wanted to be a writer?
Geraldetrick: Yes, I definitely knew that I wanted to be a writer since I was 19 years old.

LaToya: When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
Geraldetrick: I actually start trying to write my first book at 19 yrs old, but I didn’t actually succeed in writing and publishing it until September 2015, in which I am 28 years old and waiting to turn 29 years old this year during November. 

LaToya: How did you choose the genre you write in?
Geraldetrick: Initially I wrote a nonfiction book because the story was based on my actual life. 

LaToya: Where do you get your ideas?
Geraldetrick: I get my ideas from actual real life stories and experiences. 

LaToya: Name one book that you would categorize as a life changing read.
Geraldetrick: I would definitely categorize my first published book as a life changing read.

LaToya: Who is your favorite author?
Geraldetrick: Right now, I must say Mark Twain.  I’ve just began doing research into Authors and more into the category of Southern Authors. 

LaToya: Name one book you wish you’d written.
Geraldetrick: Sometimes I wish I had wrote some of the books that are in the Bible.  As far as success goes, I wish I had written Harry Potter.

LaToya: Tell us about your latest book. 
Geraldetrick: My latest book is titled, “Here Am I, Send Me”.  It was inspired from my life and a supernatural moment that occurred in my life.  “Here Am I Send Me” is actually biblically inspired from the scripture of Isaiah 6:8 also.  In my book I basically captured the obstacles that I face growing through adolescence as a African American male.  I wanted to be an example as well as a voice that speaks about the events that occur in typical African American males lives through adolescence.  The “Here Am I, Send Me” title ties into my story at the point of the Supernatural moment, in which God gave me purpose and the assignment of bringing this story forward to the public.       



LaToya: How can readers connect with you?
Geraldetrick: Readers can connect with me on my website: www.GiftsOfGodlyTalent.com
Company Facebook page:  Gift Of Godly Talent, LLC (on Facebook)

LaToya: Can you share a quote with us that best describes you and your writing?
Geraldetrick: My writing is heart touching, soul touching, and also mind touching.  It touches the conscious of the reader and it’s easy to relate. My book involves shocking events that are mind-blowing and may even be stranger than fiction, but its real life.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Geraldetrick: If you are trying to become an Author, it doesn’t matter if you have to start over on writing your book 3 or 4 times or more, As long as you keep trying and dont give up, then you will eventually reach your goal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment