Thursday, September 3, 2015

Author Interview with Laquita Cameron


LaToya: If you could choose a famous African American who has impacted your life who would it be and why?
Laquita: An African American who has impacted my life would be Michelle Obama. She has shown me that in life you have to be bold, classy, and confident that you can do anything you put your mind to. She has inspired me to challenge myself to fulfill my dreams..

LaToya: Where are you from? Where do you live now?
Laquita: I am from Rollingfork, Mississippi. I live in Dallas, Texas now.

LaToya: Did you always know you wanted to be a writer? 
Laquita: No I didn't always know I wanted to be a writer, but reading was my passion.

LaToya: When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book? 
Laquita: I first started writing when I was a teenager, but back then it was only song writing. I would write and sing any song that I grew up listening to. I began writing my first book in March 2013 and finished it in July 2013 and self published it in December 2013.

LaToya: How did you choose the genre you write in? 
Laquita: I chose the Romance genre that I read in, because I have read many novels and understand the genre better. However, I'm intrigued with many genres so you'll find that my novels contain a mixture of genres. I am a multi-genre writer.

LaToya: Where do you get your ideas? 
Laquita: I get my ideas from real life events and situations that we hear about on a day to day basis. but I also research for ideas on how to keep the reader's attention.

LaToya: Name one book that you would categorize as a life changing read. 
Laquita: A book that I would categorize as a life changing book would be Oprah Winfrey's biography book. It really tells her struggles and obstacles she faced growing up. I admire her for overcoming them and becoming the smart and powerful woman she is today.

LaToya: Who is your favorite author? 
Laquita: My favorite author is Zane.

LaToya: Name one book you wish you’d written. 
Laquita: Addicted by Zane. I loved the book and the movie! It's the type of genre I write.

LaToya: Tell us about your latest book. 
Laquita: My latest book is titled Young Thugs and the Chicks That Love Em. This was my first collaboration with Author Margaret Flack and I love the way the book tells each woman's story. The reader gets an insight of the troubles four women face when they let their love for the wrong men bring them into serious trouble. Part 1 is available now on Amazon.com.



LaToya: How can readers connect with you?
Laquita: Readers can connect with me on social Media. follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at Author LaQuita Cameron.
LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring authors?
Laquita: I would advise aspiring authors to stay focus and determined. Find a genre you are good at and stick with it. Don't let anyone change you. And read your book over and over after you finish to make sure it sounds good.


No comments:

Post a Comment