Friday, September 4, 2015

Book Spotlight: In My Defense by Shan Mahogany

Book Cover



Author Photo



Short Blurb

   Hot shot lawyer, Wesley Thomas is on a mission to become a partner. But first, he must come face to face with his past, while being surrounded by unexpected twists and turns. In this Caribbean-themed short story, will anyone come to his aid? Or will he have to stand in his own defense?

Excerpt
   I glanced up into the rearview mirror for what felt like the twentieth time. Because there was a good chance I’d broken every traffic law driving back to The Pink Flamingo. I couldn’t care less. I was past angry and all I could see was red. Blood red, and Brent Daniel’s two-timing face. If I could’ve guaranteed that I would’ve gotten away with it, I would have probably killed him.

   The thought of that scared me, but I shrugged it off. Then there was the fact that I couldn’t stop myself from thinking of this one verse I came across in the Bible. It’d been while studying for a class in world religion. It said:

   “For love is as strong as death, its jealousy as enduring as the grave. Love flashes like fire, the brightest kind of flame.”

   Yeah, I was ablaze all right.

Purchase Links


In My Defense


Ink Trails Publishing, Inc.

Author Bio

   Shan Mahogany is a poet, author and co-founder of Ink Trails Publishing, Inc. Her first book, Emphasis on Love: A Compilation of Poems, written over a period of years and inspired by real life experiences, was published in February of this year.  
   Although Shan feels poetry will always be her first love, as an avid reader and lover of fictitious novels, she courageously penned and released her first short story, In My Defense – A Bahamian Tale in September of this year. She hopes to release at least two novels in 2016.
   Shan is also slated to release her autobiography in October entitled, Chasing Love: The Story of My Life. Readers will have a chance to relive Shan’s tumultuous past and seemingly never-ending pursuit of love in this raw, humorous, witty and downright dramatic retelling of her past and even some of her present.

When Shan isn’t writing, or sharing her poetry with audiences around her city Tampa Bay, she is teaching and training others to be better writers at the Just Write writing workshop hosted by her company. She is also a very active member in her church, New Life Tabernacle UPC, serving in various ministries.

Connect with Shan

Facebook: Shan Mahogany
Twitter: shan_mahogany
Instagram: apostylicScribe
E-mail: shanmahogany.eol@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment