Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Author Interview with Tamyara Brown




LaToya: Hi Tamyara, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Tamyara:   Hi Latoya, I would like to say how honored I am to be featured on your blog.  I’m a Author, Blogger and Part –time Web Designer. I have six beautiful children and four grand children. I’m also a care giver for my son who has battled a rare disease called FSGS (Focal Segemental Glomersclersois). It has been my primary role since he was five years old.  Just recently he was blessed with a  new kidney and a second chance at life.

LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Tamyara:   My ambitions are to touch and change lives whenever I have the opportunity to. Next, I would love to make Amazon and New York Times Best Sellers list.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Tamyara:  Imani Wisdom, Terry McMillan, Treasure Blue, Eric Jerome Dickey and so many authors who keep

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Tamyara:  I am currently working on B.L.A.H ( Broke, Lonely, Angry & Horny) Diaries it about Zelda McCall who is dealing with a chronically ill child, a divorce, her estranged mother and trying to balance life without losing her sanity and finding her power and strength she believes she’s lost. I am also working on M & M murders the second part to Fat Girl Vigilante.

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Tamyara:  Romance and Suspense Thriller.

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Tamyara: When Writers souls are shattered they erase the pain by creating a beautiful story.

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Tamyara:  I would love Mo’nique and Raven Goodwin. Bishop Jones Michael Ealy or Terrance Howard.

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Tamyara:  I decided at eleven that I was destined to write and see my name on the cover of books.

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Tamyara: I write full-time.

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Tamyara:  I am an early riser 3 in the morning type of woman.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Tamyara:  2,000 words a day is always my goal and I am always excited when I surpass my goal.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Tamyara:  I dream a lot and I am around the most eccentric people. Some of their stories give me ideas.  I will dream the same dream over and over that I know it is a sign from God telling me to write it.

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Tamyara:  I write first create Character backgrounds and traits. I just started outlining but in a way of creating journal entries for each and build a plot.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Tamyara: I am more fearless about what I write. I am learning to not allow fear stagnate me creatively.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Tamyara: I believe it is getting people to read it.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Tamyara:   Breaking the connection I had and moving on to the next novel.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Tamyara:  Writing the first page of a novel.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Tamyara:  It can take six months to a year to write.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Tamyara:  To be on the New York Times Best Sellers list. To have over ten books written and have a solid brand.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Tamyara:   I would tell my younger self to never stop believing in myself or my dreams.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Tamyara:   I would love to meet Queen Latifah her journey to success is amazing. She went from being not accepted to mogul. She inspires me.

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Tamyara: The Color Purple

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Tamyara: Write, learn the craft as well as the business. Watch out for people who are potential scam artists in the industry. Believe and never give up!

Connect with Tamyara:








Purchase Links






No comments:

Post a Comment