Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Author Interview with Amani Nigia Williams

Today I have the honor of interviewing and introducing you to Author Amani Nigia Williams


LaToya: Hi Amani, thank you for agreeing to this interview. Tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Amani:  I am a fifteen-year old student enrolled at Lincoln High School in Tallahassee, Florida. I reside with both of my parents and I am an active member at Life Eternal Ministries.

LaToya: What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Amani:  My ambition for my writing career is to get my poetry book to go big.

LaToya: Which writers inspire you?
Amani: I inspired myself to start writing poetry.

LaToya: What are you working on at the minute?
Amani: I am not working on anything at the moment.

LaToya: What genre are your books and why?
Amani: My genre is poetry because I like to read and write poetry.

LaToya: In 10 words or less can you create a quote that describes you and your writing?
Amani: I enjoy writing poetry and spreading peace.

LaToya: Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?
Amani: It’s a poetry book so there is no leading role.

LaToya: When did you decide to become a writer?
Amani: I decided to become a writer in April for the poetry slam at the main library.

LaToya: Do you write full-time or part-time?
Amani: I write in my free time at home after school.

LaToya: Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?
Amani:  No, it’s just something I start to feel or something I do when I am bored.

LaToya: Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?
Amani:  No, I just go with the flow.

LaToya: Where do your ideas come from?
Amani:  My ideas come from my head and what I feel at the moment.

LaToya: Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?
Amani:  I just go wherever an idea takes me.

LaToya: How do you think you’ve evolved creatively?
Amani: My poems have matured over the years from my preteen poems to my teen poems.

LaToya: What is the hardest thing about writing?
Amani: The hardest thing about writing is finishing a poem.

LaToya: What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Amani:   The hardest thing about writing my book was thinking about what to write and coming up with a title.

LaToya: What is the easiest thing about writing?
Amani: The easiest thing about writing is getting an idea.

LaToya: How long on average does it take you to write a book?
Amani: It took me about nine months to finish my poetry book.

LaToya: Where can you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Amani: I see myself being a junior in college in five years’ time working on my bachelor’s degree.

LaToya: What advice would you give to your younger self?
Amani: I would tell my younger self to be strong and confident.

LaToya: Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Amani: I would like to meet President Barack Obama because he is the first black president.  

LaToya: If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?
Amani: I would chose The Giver because the book is really interesting and has a good story line and was also made into a movie.

LaToya: What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Amani: I would say to aspiring writers to keep up the good work and to stay motivated to follow their dreams and SPREAD THE PEACE.

Connect with Amani:




Purchase Links

The paperback and eBook can be ordered from this link:




Thank you very much Amani for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are most welcome it was and honor and Amani is welcomed to stop by anytime.

      Delete