Monday, March 21, 2016

Book Spotlight: Let It Rain by Patricia Saunders


The Day After
The day after I laid you to rest
I put the black suit back in the closet
Folded up all your clothes
Placed them in the boxes in the back of the closet
Put your watch on my wrist
Went into the dining room and laid out the china
Sat at the table and sat at the head
It’s the day after and I have to be strong
I have to live my life and stay positive
Friends don’t know what to do because they’re still married
Don’t know if they can invite me to couple events
Single friends are scared to invite me because I didn’t say I was looking
I pour myself a glass of Steven Kent Cabernet Sauvignon
Go into the kitchen and fix dinner for myself
Can’t go to bed yet though I feel like lying down and pulling the covers up over my head
It’s the day after and I have to act like everything is normal
I have to pretend that I am perfect

Meet Author Patricia A Saunders

 

Patricia A. Saunders resides in the San Francisco Bay Area. She holds a Masters in Management from the University of Phoenix. After the passing of her mother who had Alzheimer's, Patricia decided that all the words she had kept to herself should be released. She became a self-published author, releasing her books of poems, Through the Fire (2012), Loving Me (2013), and Let It Rain (2014). Patricia has collaborated with other authors on various books. She is a motivational speaker who travels the country sharing her story of being a caregiver, having faith, and surviving through her circumstances. She works as a supervisor for a corporate organization. In her spare time, Patricia enjoys writing poetry, traveling, and wine tasting.
I like to read self-help, romance, thriller, and nonfiction books. Some of my favorite authors are E. Lynn Harris, Walter Mosley, Maya Angelou, Tina McElroy Ansa, and T.D.Jakes.  The reason why I write being the youngest I was shy and had so much to express that I was always writing poetry. My Mother had Alzheimer’s and I thought what if it is hereditary and I have it what would I leave behind. Let my legacy be my words. I published my first book in 2012 and I am beating the clock until my pen stops.
Connect with Author Patricia A Saunders

Email: psaunders320@gmail.com

Phone: (510)427-0889

Twitter: www.twitter.com/blessedpoetpat

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorPoetPatricia/

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Patricia-A.-Saunders/e/B008DOOOCK

Personal Website: www.patriciaasaunders.com



No comments:

Post a Comment